Track Your Consignment
Indian Railway FNR Status: The Indian Railways plays a pivotal role in transporting approximately 1,500 million tonnes of freight annually, equivalent to around 6,000 freight trains operated every day.
These freight trains constitute a substantial portion of the revenue for the Indian Railways and are often referred to as the primary revenue generators for the system. The diverse range of commodities transported by the Indian Railways includes coal, iron ore, foodgrains, iron and steel products, cement, petroleum products, fertilizers, and containerized traffic.
Indian Railway FNR Status and Tracking: Rake status by FNR Number
FNR Tracking is a system used by Indian Railways to track the movement and status of freight trains and shipments. When you book a consignment for transportation via a freight train, you are provided with a unique document known as the Freight Note Receipt (FNR) number.
Here’s how you can use FNR Tracking:
- Visit the FNR Tracking website provided by Indian Railways.
- A popup window will appear. Enter your FNR number.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive information about the status of your parcel/consignment.
FNR Tracking provides real-time monitoring of freight train movements, allowing customers and logistics managers to have up-to-date information about the progress of their shipments. It helps optimize resource allocation, and route planning and ensures timely delivery.
FOIS (Freight Operations Information System) is the comprehensive system used by Indian Railways to manage and track the movement of freight trains and shipments. It offers various features like real-time monitoring, resource allocation, route optimization, and more. FNR Tracking is a part of the FOIS system, specifically used for tracking freight train movements.
For any specific queries regarding FNR Tracking or FOIS, it’s best to contact the relevant customer care services provided by Indian Railways. The contact details can vary, so you should visit the official Indian Railways website or contact their customer care services for accurate and up-to-date information.
- A popup window will appear.
- Enter your Station Code and Name.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive information about Station Helpline Number
- Easy of Use: FNR Tracking offers a user-friendly interface that allows customers and stakeholders to easily input their FNR numbers and receive real-time updates on their shipments.
- Enhanced Visibility: With FNR Tracking, stakeholders can gain better visibility into the movement of their goods, helping them make informed decisions and manage their logistics effectively.
- Notifications: Many FNR Tracking systems provide automated notifications to customers regarding their shipment’s progress, including departure, arrival, and any potential delays.
- Route Diversions: In case of unexpected events such as track maintenance or diversions, FNR Tracking can provide updated route information to ensure that the shipment reaches its destination efficiently.
- Customized Reports: FNR Tracking systems often offer the functionality to generate customized reports and analytics, helping businesses analyze historical shipment data for optimization.
- Integration: FNR Tracking can often be integrated with other logistics and supply chain management software, allowing for seamless information exchange and comprehensive tracking across different platforms.
- Geolocation: Some FNR Tracking systems provide geolocation features, allowing users to pinpoint the exact location of their shipment on a map.
- Multi-Platform Access: Many FNR Tracking services offer both web-based platforms and mobile apps, ensuring that users can access tracking information conveniently from their preferred devices.
- Resource Allocation: FOIS Tracking assists in optimal allocation of resources, ensuring that locomotives, wagons, crew, and infrastructure are efficiently utilized based on real-time data.
- Efficiency and Cost Savings: By providing accurate tracking and operational information, FOIS helps reduce operational inefficiencies, minimizing costs associated with delays and mismanagement.
- Centralized Information: FOIS serves as a centralized repository for freight-related information, allowing various stakeholders to access and share real-time data for better coordination.
- Data Analytics: FOIS generates data logs that can be analyzed to identify trends, improve resource allocation, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Collaboration: FOIS promotes collaboration between different departments and stakeholders involved in freight operations, leading to smoother logistics management.
- Historical Data: FOIS maintains historical data about freight movements, enabling railways to analyze past trends, plan future operations, and make strategic decisions.
- Regulatory Compliance: FOIS ensures compliance with regulatory requirements by accurately documenting freight operations and transactions.
- Emergency Response: In case of emergencies or accidents involving freight trains, FOIS can provide crucial data for prompt emergency response and crisis management.
Efficient Freight Movement: The Backbone of Indian Railways
Driving Revenue: Indian Railways annually carries a staggering 1,500 million tonnes of freight, a feat achieved through the operation of around 6,000 freight trains daily. These robust freight operations substantially contribute to the railway’s revenue, earning them the title of the primary revenue generators for the system.
Diverse Cargo: A Vital Link in Trade
Hauling Essentials: The gamut of commodities transported by Indian Railways is vast and essential. From coal and iron ore to foodgrains, iron, steel, cement, petroleum products, fertilizers, and containerized traffic, these cargo carriages play an indispensable role in keeping the economy moving.
Precision in Diversity: Customized Transportation
Resource Optimization: Specialized wagons are strategically employed to cater to the unique needs of different commodities. Unlike passenger trains adhering to fixed schedules, freight trains operate without predetermined timings, necessitating intricate resource allocation decisions to optimize wagons, locomotives, crew, and network paths.
Real-Time Empowerment: Making Informed Choices
Operational Agility: Real-time information is the backbone of agile decision-making. It empowers managers to navigate the complex nature of freight operations, facilitating efficient routing, resource management, and timely deliveries.
FOIS Revolution: Powering the Evolution
CRIS’s Milestone: The inception of the Freight Operations Information System (FOIS) marked a monumental achievement for the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS). It grew from monitoring wagons and locomotives to transforming into a comprehensive management tool that encompasses billing, revenue collection, and more.
Enhancing Efficiency: Serving an Expanding Economy
Boosting Productivity: FOIS’s core objective goes beyond improving wagon productivity. It aspires to elevate customer service and align with the needs of a rapidly growing economy. Leveraging real-time data, FOIS aims to optimize operations, streamline processes, and ensure the smooth movement of goods across the vast Indian Railways network.